Saturday, July 26, 2014

He leads me into His Light

The best of them is like a brier, the most upright worse than a thorn hedge. Micah 7:4 NIV.

Sometimes we are left in the middle of distress, because people are deceitful to us. A situation may arise where the enemy is attacking us with all its rage and we feel the same as the prophet Micah:

For a son dishonors his father, a daughter rises up against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law - a man’s enemies are the members of his own household. Micah 7:5-6 NIV.

In these situations, however, we can raise our heads and lift up our eyes on the Lord, who does not forsake us. When the dark clouds darken our world, we need to believe that behind the gloomy clouds the sun of grace is shining. We need to believe that God will blow those dark clouds away and we will once again walk in his light.

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7 NIV.

If we feel guilty in the middle of such battles, it will undermine our faith. We may feel internally distressed and be convicted. The load of guilt will not be relieved immediately, we will have to fight, even though we know from God's Word:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1.John 1:9 NIV.

When the guilt presses us down, the enemy can come to gloat and to convince us that we are lost. He will destroy our faith without pity, and he tries to prove us that because we are fallen, we no longer have any possibility get back into life, but we will have to bear the embarrassment before God and in the eyes of all men forever. Sounds familiar?

But when the temptation comes we know God has also prepared salvation for us so we can endure it (Comp.1.Kor.10:13).

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.

Because I have sinned against him, I will bear the Lord’s wrath,
until he pleads my case and upholds my cause.
He will bring me out into the light; I will see his righteousness.  Micah 7:8-9 NIV.

No comments:

Post a Comment